“We”, “Our”, “US” means Manor House Leisure Limited t/a Karting North East
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time. Regular reviewing of this will ensure that you are always kept aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances. This policy is effective from 31st October 2023.
Confidentiality and Security
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Company Name
• Contact information including email address, phone number
• Demographic Information (Address)
How we use your information
When you make a booking or enquire about an event, via the website, email, face to face or over the phone, we collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us. We do not collect any personal information from you unless it is voluntarily provided.
The reason we collect this is:
• To fulfil the contract
• To maintaining a record of your race or event history with us
• To provide you with the best level of customer service in a timely manner as well as being able to offer support regarding your enquiry or booking
• Internal record keeping
• To improve our products and services
• To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• To contact you, from time to time, for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
• To monitor website use and generate information for the personalisation of advertisements and the improvement of our website
We may use your personal data for marketing & communications purposes in order to present offers or services that we believe are of particular interest to you. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these communications. The opportunity to unsubscribe will always be displayed within all communications. You can unsubscribe from emails using the unsubscribe link situated at the bottom of any marketing emails you receive from us or by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com. It may take up to 30 days to process your request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us.
Personal data collected will be reviewed periodically to determine whether we should still hold it. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Who we share your information with
Your data may be shared with third parties who fulfil a service on our behalf, and under our express instructions.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our website is hosted in the UK. We may have other aspects of our business services outsourced in countries outside the European Union and, as such, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union. Safeguards are in place with respect to data transferred outside the European Union.
• The processor is within the same corporate group as our business or organisation and abides by the same binding corporate rules regarding data processing.
• Data protection clauses exist in our contracts with data processors, for the processing of personal data that is subject to EU Data Protection Law.
• Both our organisation and the processor have legally binding agreements or administrative arrangements relating to the protection of your information and shall implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security of the processing of personal data appropriate to the risk.
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
We currently use and set the following third-party cookies (subject to your consent being granted);
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded, with information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution. We use this information to assess the popularity of the webpages and the performance of our website.
Use of re-marketing
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question only.
Payments made through our website use a payment gateway to process card transactions, which is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant to the highest level. Due to the inherent insecurity of data sent over the internet we cannot guarantee the security of data transmission.
The GDPR provides the following rights
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Karting North East, Warden Law Motorsports Centre, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, SR3 2PR.
If you believe any information we hold of you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us on the address above or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.